Processing is an open source programming language and environment for people who want to create images, animations, and interactions. Initially developed to serve as a software sketchbook and to teach fundamentals of computer programming within a visual context, Processing also has evolved into a tool for generating finished professional work. Today, there are tens of thousands of students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists who use Processing for learning, prototyping, and production.
- » Free to download and open source
- » Interactive programs using 2D, 3D or PDF output
- » OpenGL integration for accelerated 3D
- » For GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
- » Projects run online or as double-clickable applications
- » Over 100 libraries extend the software into sound, video, computer vision, and more…
- » Well documented, with many books available
To see more of what people are doing with Processing, check out these sites:
To contribute to the development, please visit Processing on Google Code to read instructions for downloading the code,building from the source, reporting and tracking bugs, and creating libraries and tools.